The Course Name: DCVAI - Implementing Cisco Data Center Virtualization and Automation
The Course Duration: 5 Days
The purpose of this course is to teach participants how to implement and deploy automation of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and Cisco Nexus switches. It provides rich, hands-on experience building a data center solution.
What You Will Learn:
- How to describe two primary features to logically separate a physical switch.
- How to describe the Nexus 1000 virtual switch.
- How to describe programmability options on Cisco NX-OS.
- How to describe CLI features that simplify configuration management.
- How to use different scripting tools available with Cisco NX-OS.
- How to introduce the high-level concepts and describe the different fabric discovery parameters for Cisco ACI.
- How to create tenant-based policies for bare metal hosts.
- How to describe the integration of VM Manager Domains with Cisco ACI.
- How to describe how Cisco ACI supports multitfier applications.
- How to list Cisco ACI monitoring capabilities.
- How to describe Cisco ACI programmability and orchestration.
- How to describe vPC-based aggregation and availability.
- How to describe Cisco AVS, distributed firewall, and micro-segmentation.
- How to describe packet flows within the Cisco ACI.
- How to describe integrating Cisco ACI with external Layer 3 networks.
- How to outline the integration options with external Layer 2 networks.
- How to describe how L4–L7 services are inserted into the Cisco ACI fabric and how traffic is subsequently redirected.
The Course Index:
Module 1: Infrastructure Virtualization Implementation
- Lesson 1: Configuring Logical Device Separation
- Lesson 2: Configuring Virtual Switching Technology
Module 2: Cisco NX-OS Configuration Automation
- Lesson 1: Implementing Configuration Programmability
- Lesson 2: Implementing Configuration Profiles
- Lesson 3: Using Scripting Tools
Module 3: Application-Centric Infrastructure Overview
- Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco ACI
Module 4: Cisco ACI Building Blocks and Application Policies
- Lesson 1: Building Tenant-Based Policies with Bare-Metal Hosts
- Lesson 2: Describing VMM Domain Integration
- Lesson 3: Multitier Applications in Cisco ACI
Module 5: Cisco ACI Manageability and Programmability
- Lesson 1: Monitoring and Managing Cisco ACI
- Lesson 2: Describing Cisco ACI Programmability and Orchestration
Module 6: Cisco ACI Enhanced Features
- Lesson 1: Describing vPC
- Lesson 2: Deploying Cisco AVS
Module 7: Cisco ACI Networking
- Lesson 1: Describing Packet Flow Internal to the ACI Fabric
- Lesson 2: Describing External Layer 3 Network Integration
- Lesson 3: Describing External Layer 2 Network Integration
- Lesson 4: Configuring Service Insertion and Redirection
Lab 1: Implement Cisco NX-OS Configuration Automation
Lab 2: Discover and Initialize ACI Fabric
Lab 3: Implement Cisco ACI Fabric Connectivity for Bare-Metal Hosts
Lab 4: Implement Cisco ACI Fabric Connectivity for VMs
Lab 5: Implement Application Policies
Lab 6: Implement Inter-Tenant Connectivity
Lab 7: Program Cisco APIC Using Python and Arya
Lab 8: Implement vPC to Hypervisors
Lab 9: Deploy Cisco AVS and Microsegmentation
Lab 10: Enable Connectivity to External Layer 3 Networks
Lab 11: Enable Connectivity to External Layer 2 Networks
Lab 12: Provision Layer 2 Extension Using Cisco UCS Director
Lab 13: Deploy Service Graph ASA NGFW